So I decided it would be fun to start a "Slow Cooker Saturday" on the blog! I myself love my slow cooker a.k.a. crock pot. They are great for making soups and stews when it's chilly outside, as well as saves heat created from your oven in the summer months!
My first recipe for the intro to my "Slow Cooker Saturday" will be one that is my fav and is a hit with guests! It's my spin on the notorious slow cooker recipe "3 Envelope Pot Roast". I actually happened upon this variation on accident while I was preparing to make the 3 Envelope Pot Roast and realized I had no brown gravy packet. I searched the cupboards for something that would work as a substitute and would provide great flavor. I grabbed for my box of Lipton Onion Soup Mix and decided a packet of this would have to do. That night my husband and kids could not say enough good things about the roast. They agreed it was better than the other way I was making it... so thus spawned the new 3 Envelope Pot Roast recipe!
*** Super Kicked Up 3 Envelope Pot Roast ***
* 1 Beef Roast
* 1 Cup Of Water
* 1 Envelope Dry Italian Seasoning Mix
* 1 Envelope Dry Ranch Dressing Mix
* 1 Envelope Dry Lipton Onion Soup Mix
* Place Roast In Bottom Of Slow Cooker
* Sprinkle All 3 Dry Mix Envelopes Over The Beef Roast
* Pour 1 Cup Of Water In The Bottom Of The Slow Cooker
* Cover And Cook On Low For 7-8 Hours