Time for Slow Cooker Saturday and I have a yummy one for you all! This is a recipe I just made for the first time a couple days ago and it was a hit with the whole family. Now that the weather is starting to cool down my crock pot is going to be my right hand man to get warm soups and stews going around here! This is a recipe that will not disappoint.
Slow Cooker Loaded Baked Potato Soup
4 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4 -inch thick slices
1 small onion, chopped
2 (14-ounce) cans chicken broth
2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 pint of half-and-half
Toppings: shredded Cheddar cheese, crumbled bacon, green onion slices
1) Layer sliced potatoes in a lightly greased slow cooker; top with chopped onion.
2) Stir together chicken broth, salt, and pepper; pour over potatoes and onion.
3) Cover and cook on HIGH 3 to 5 hours or until potatoes are tender.
4) Mash mixture with a potato masher; stir in half-and-half.
5) Cover and cook on HIGH 20 more minutes or until mixture is thoroughly heated.
6) Serve up with toppings and enjoy!