Making your own homemade dog treats is fun and super easy! Here I've listed a couple of my favorite recipes for dog treats that will have your pooch thanking you and begging for more. I'm always looking for new dog food/treat recipes to try, so if you have some I would love to hear them!
Peanut Butter and Banana Treats:
1/2 cup of peanut butter (I recommend all natural!)
1/2 cup of mashed bananas
1/4 cup of warm water
1 Tablespoon of honey
1 3/4 cups of wheat flour
1) In a large bowl, mix together your peanut butter and warm water until smooth.
2) Next add to this bowl your honey, banana, and egg. Mix well.
3) Add one cup flour to the mixture and mix well.
4) Now slowly add your remaining 1/4 cup of flour, working it in by hand until your mixture becomes stiff dough.
5) Chill your dough in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes.
6) On a floured surface, roll out your dough to desired thickness.
7) Use whatever fun cookie cutter shapes of your choosing for the biscuits. Place on parchment lined cookie sheet.
8) Bake in the oven for 30 minutes on 300 degrees.
9) Let biscuit treats cool and harden before storing and serving.
Pumpkin Ice Cream Treats:
1 (1.5 oz) Sugar Free Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix
1 (15 oz) can of Pumpkin puree
1 cup of fat free milk
1 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice
1) In a medium sized bowl, whisk together your pudding mix, milk, and pumpkin pie spice until dissolved.
2) Next, fold the pumpkin puree into your mixture.
3) Now that your mixture is complete you can spoon into popsicle molds or small paper cups for freezing.
4) Before serving set out on your counter top for 5 minutes and remove from cups or molds.