I personally love corn bread, especially alongside a good soup or stew in the colder months. My husband however has never like cornbread. Recently he had a piece of honey cornbread at a local restaurant that has apparently changed his whole view on cornbread. Excited at this news because it would mean I could make it more often at home, I asked him what about it he liked so that I could try to recreate it. He told me that this cornbread was honey flavored, which he really liked. He also said that this cornbread contained actual pieces of corn inside and that it was a different spin on cornbread that he surprisingly enjoyed. I decided to use creamed corn in my recipe to keep the cornbread itself nice and moist. I also added honey in the batter and also drizzled some on top when it was finished. Here's the recipe - husband and kid approved!
Honey Cornbread Recipe:
1 box of Krusteaz Natural Honey Cornbread
2/3 cup of milk
1/3 cup of vegetable oil
1 (14.75 oz) can of Cream Style Sweet Corn
1 Tablespoon of honey + additional to drizzle on top after baking
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2) In a medium bowl combine milk, oil, egg, can of corn, tablespoon of honey, and full box of cornbread mix. Stir well.
3) Spoon batter into prepared 8x8 or 9x9 inch pan.
4) Bake for 22-26 minutes.
5) Drizzle honey on top and you're ready to serve!
* For cornbread muffins, cook 11-13 minutes for a batch of 24 muffins or 14-16 minutes for a batch of 12 muffins.