Whether you are trying to lose unwanted weight or just simply trying to eat healthier, ignoring those hunger cravings is sometimes challenging but nevertheless necessary in order to maintain a healthy physique. Here are a few appetite suppressants that can help you curb your cravings:
- Spicy Foods: Eating spicy foods can help to suppress your appetite. For example, if you want to have sushi, add some wasabi to your plate. Spicy foods also help to protect against cancers and has wonderful anti-inflammatory effects.
- Soup: Starting off any meal with soup is a great idea. In general, most hot liquids tend to take away your hunger effectively, so why not try a bowl of soup to keep cravings at bay. A good idea is chicken and vegetable soup, as it contains protein and veggies together, and this will instantly fill you up.
- Caffeine: This is one stimulant that is part of almost anyone’s daily diet, yet we don’t realize just how effective it is as an appetite suppressant. Caffeine has an energizing effect, and when taken in moderate doses, can be a very effective part of your daily diet.
- Apples: One large apple can give you about 5 grams of fiber, which is a wonderful way of filling up your stomach for longer. As an added bonus, the sugars found in apples do not influence your body’s blood sugar levels, so it will help you to keep your hunger at bay.
- Almonds: This is a wonderful source of healthy fats and you can easily incorporate this into your daily diet routine as you can eat a handful between meals. Just make sure you don’t eat too much, as these calories can quickly add up. You will also get your healthy fats in by eating almonds during the day.
- Salmon: Not many people know that salmon is great at reducing hunger pangs. Since protein will keep you full and fat will help you to retain that feeling for longer, this is one of the best combinations you can try in order to reduce your hunger cravings.
- Oatmeal: Eating a bowl of unsweetened oatmeal is a great way to start off your day. You will ingest dietary fiber that is essential in your diet; an you won’t have an energy crash later during the day. You can sweeten it a bit by using cinnamon.
- Hoodia: Many people are familiar with Hoodia; it is a supplement that is known to effectively control hunger. It is found in many fat burners and health supplements, but keep in mind that it might take a few days to start being effective.
- Flaxseeds: Similar to almonds, these seeds help you to reduce your hunger while simultaneously providing you with essential fats. You can add flaxseeds to your breakfast, or in salads; it is a very versatile product that you can take on a daily basis.
- Water: Finally, we have water. It is essential to stay hydrated during the day and it not uncommon to mistake hunger for thirst. Staying hydrated is necessary for your health, and also to keep you feeling full. When you do feel hungry during the day, try a few glasses of water first.
HealthLine.com is a popular resource that offers expert health advice from qualified professionals and experienced contributors.