Heading back to school can be chaotic enough as it is, but if you're a child with allergies Fall can be an even more stressful time. The good news is that Children's Claritin has some great tips to help get your home prepared to combat Fall allergens so that your little one can focus on what's important - making those grades! The following will help you and your family head back to school happy and healthy.
1) Make sure to stock up on Children's Claritin, the #1 pediatrician recommended non-drowsy allergy brand!
2) Be sure to also stock up on Multi-vitamins to create a strong immune system for your child.
3) Let in plenty of sunlight during the day! Mold doesn't like sunlight, so be sure to let in as much sunlight as you can everyday by opening up your curtains and blinds.
4) Check your child's pillow(s). Monitor your child's pillow for cleanliness and if needed, replace your child's pillow. Pillows can easily trap bacteria, dust mites, and allergens!
5) Stay on top of the laundry! When back to school season rolls around, the laundry usually starts piling up faster as well! Mold can quickly grow on wet clothes left sitting in the washer so be sure to transition clothes as quickly as possibly to the dryer.
6) Monitor the pollen counts. By doing this you can adjust your child's outdoor activity before and after school accordingly. Be aware that during dry and windy days that pollen counts can be particularly high during these times.
7) For children who suffer from allergies it can be helpful to shower or bathe at the end of the day as opposed to morning to help remove allergens from body surfaces.
8) Keep hydrated! Have your child drink plenty of clear fluids to help flush their body of toxins and be sure to send them to school with a bottle of water.
9) Be aware that peak pollen levels usually occur early in the early morning so try to plan any outdoor activities during other times of the day.
*Disclosure: As a member of the Children's Claritin Mom Crew, I receive product samples and promotional items to share and use as I see fit. No monetary compensation has taken place and any opinions expressed by me are honest and reflect my actual experience.