A Dinner My Family Gives Two Thumbs Up!
I love to play around with ingredients and create my own recipes on a whim! This idea came to me one day while trying to come up with a yummy enchilada recipe that my family would enjoy. Even my brother in law who rarely eats chicken complimented me on this one! For those who are not into spicy dishes, I have included a substitute option for a milder version. Enjoy!
* 1 Bag of Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts or 6-7 Chicken Breasts unfrozen (I used the bag!)
* 2 medium green onions, thinly sliced
* 10 (6 inch) corn tortillas
* 2 Cups of shredded Monteray Jack cheese
* 3 Cans of Campbell's Fiesta Cheese Soup (Subsitute: For milder version use only 1 can of Campbell's Fiesta Cheese Soup and 2 cans of Campbell's Cheddar Cheese Soup
* 1 Can of Las Palmas Medium Enchilada Sauce
* 1 teaspoon of salt
* 1 teaspoon of pepper
1) Place your chicken in a lightly greased slow cooker/crock pot with salt and pepper on low for 8 hours. (I put my bagged frozen chicken in frozen. This works fine.)
2) Let chicken cool to touch and pull apart by hand or shred.
3) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
4) In a medium bowl, stir together the soups and enchilada sauce.
5) Spread 1 1/2 cups of soup/enchilada mixture in the bottom of an ungreased 11x7 baking dish.
6) In large bowl, mix 1 cup of soup/enchilada mixture and 1 cup of cheese with your shredded chicken. Keep remaining mixture.
7) Microwave your tortillas stacked on a microwavable plate, covered with a paper towel to soften for 1 minute.
8) Place 1/4 cup of mixture in the middle of each tortilla and roll it up. Place seams side down in the baking dish.
9) After you have rolled them all, place your remaining soup mixture over the top of your enchiladas and top with remaining cheese and green onions.
10) Bake for 30 minutes.
***Easily Feeds 6 People***