The kids went on a blackberry picking fest today and I thought a blackberry pie for dessert was in order. Here's a super simple recipe for blackberry pie that takes very little time to prepare but tastes fantastic! We had ours warm topped with vanilla ice cream. Yummy!
4 cups of fresh blackberries
1/2 cup of sugar + 1/4 cup of sugar
1/2 cup of all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons of milk
1 box of Pillsbury Pie Crusts
1) Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2) In a bowl, combine 3 1/2 cups of blackberries with your 1/2 cup of flour and your 1/2 cup of sugar.
3) Take one of the pie crusts and lay it down in the bottom of your pie dish. Fill with your berry mixture.
4) Add your remaining 1/2 cup of blueberries on top of your mixture evenly.
5) Cover with your remaining pie crust. Seal and crimp the edges. Cut a couple small vents for the steam to escape.
6) Brush top of crust with milk and then sprinkle your remaining sugar on top.
7) Bake for 15 minutes. Then reduce heat to 375 and bake for 20 minutes.